The legend behind "Gloomy Sunday"

There's a song that I have been listening to. The song that I have shared in the previous post. There are countless versions of it, like I have mentioned too on the previous post: Billie Holiday's, Diamanda Galás', Lydia Lunch's, Portishead's, Björk's, Sarah Maclachlan's, Sarah Brightman's, amongst many, many other versions.
There's somewhat of a legend behind this song. It is said that this song has caused countless suicides. Myth, urban legend, or what? Who knows? But as I don't want to spend time writing my own version about this, I am posting a link for those who are interest in reading something about the story behind this song.


Go for it and enjoy your readings!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter time: cleaning and rebirth time

The Blessing and the Curse of Technology

Nightwish welcomes Floor Jansen as a permanent vocalist