Facebook went down - depression lurks in the darkness

 Facebook and it's services went down. Four a few hours, Facebook (and consequently Messenger), Instagram and WhatsApp were inaccessible and unusable. People took over Twitter and that was where I found out that all those apps were down: you see, I wasn't really using it and just tried to log in via computer, but the website has given me an error. This computer is kind of old and even when the connection is good and aren't any errors on the connection or on the websites, it fails me. This wasn't such a big problem to me, not even when Twitter itself started glitching and failing to load new tweets and when it was showing me tweets of people that I had stopped following.

My mood hasn't been the best throughout the last week. i have had symptoms of a depression, what showed me that this hasn't really gone. It still lurks in the darkness and awaits an opportunity to strike. Whenever it does, it makes me hate, feel upset or annoyed with people that have nothing to do with it. This has also been the case, where I came to despise someone who I care about, although we're just fuck buddies. He hasn't done me wrong. He hasn't failed me, yet I find ways to feel annoyed by his presence (he's working nearby). This Facebook failure has helped me to avoid blocking the guy, for no reason at all, although i gave myself a deadline on the Halloween day.

Back to Facebook, that is the real matter here, the big company went down and failed to get a solution in time. To me, it wasn't that much of a deal, yet it may have impacted people who relied on their services to make business. Facebook, according to some news outlets, has been finnacially affected by their servers' failures (?). Despite all my moodiness lately, I came to a laugh when I learned about the Facebook failure (once again, the same words), I laughed with the amount of memes on Twitter, before itself has failed.

On the trends in Portuguese, I read tweets that denouced a failure on national Vodafone services and mobile data. In Brazil, even banking accounts and websites have failed. It seemed that Telegram has also been affected in some places. And with this, a whole ton of Google services, like classroom. Note that I am typing about what I have read on tweets - I may start to take and save some screenshots, so that I can complement those texts in the future. And the last time i checked the trends on Twitter, what was about one hour ago, Internet Shutdown was one of the trends. I haven't really took the time to check it out, but if it is still trending, I may spend some time trying to figure out what this Internet Shutdown is all about.

Right now, Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp are returning to the normal, although with a few glitches along the way. If they go down again, I may not even notice, as I have very few reasons to check them. I have 454 friends on Facebook and not even one of them talks to me. Not even one of them checks out on me. I know that are a handful of people out there who willbe there if I call them, but none will ever check out on me to see if I am Ok or if depression is lurking. And that's OK. Perhaps, one day I die, like Facebook did, but there won't be one single person to "bring me back".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter time: cleaning and rebirth time

The Blessing and the Curse of Technology

Nightwish welcomes Floor Jansen as a permanent vocalist