Battle Bay: a very negative review of a mobile game

Well, I am not sure if I have ever written about this or any game, but here comes the time that I get to do it.
So Battle Bay is a game that belongs to Rovio,  the trademark of other games like Angry Birds. In this game, you pilot your boat with other 4 players in your team, against five other. There, you can got on three game modes that are Casual, Ranked (that gives or takes you infamy points, according with wins and losses) and Custom, where other players can add you to a match with other selected players. These are some of the basics into this game and I am leaving out some features that have been removed throughout the times. If you're into these kinda games, then this one's for you... or maybe not.
To begin with, I have been playing this game for two / three years. And as years have advanced, as the game as suffered some modifications, the complaints start to increase. To start with, let me tell that some players have no idea of what a team game means. Either they go solo or they stay floating, ruining the game to everyone, more often than not. The matchmaking is awful: you're a noob, grab yourself on the chair, because more advanced players will hit you on the opposite team. Between matches, you have an estimated wait of never less than a minute. That time can go up than 5 minutes than you are staring at the screen "looking for trouble". Oh, I spoke about the game modes, haven't I? Rovio makes sure to add two/three days long events every week, twice a week, leaving the ranked game without enough players. And I know that I have mentioned them, but soloists and stupid people pop up like bad weeds and they never cease to amaze.
So if I had to choose ranking Battle Bay, from one to ten stars, I'd give it a round one. And if you are looking for a game to spend a nice time and to relax a bit... once again, this ISN'T the game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter time: cleaning and rebirth time

The Blessing and the Curse of Technology

Nightwish welcomes Floor Jansen as a permanent vocalist