Thug Boy. Thug Man.

 Is it a newly acquired respect or is it out of interest? Have you suddenly started to respect me or have you any hidden interests behind such words?

I have seen this man in the cafe. Years after and on a lone afternoon, this man greets me, smiles and mentions the fact that he hasn't seen me in ages. He smiles and walks away. Years ago, I used to be this innocent boy that used to hang around the big, bad thugs. Out of them, the majority didn't really liked me - they just out up with me because of this girl whom was the reason for me to be in such environments.

Today, this guy comes up to me. Like I have previously mentioned, he greets me with a smile, states the fact we haven't seen each other in ages and walks away. And I am no longer this innocent. Neither are my guts.

What's behind those words? A newly acquired respect for another man? Any kind of sketchy interest, given the fact that we know each other kind of well? I still don't know. But I am alert.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter time: cleaning and rebirth time

The Blessing and the Curse of Technology

Nightwish welcomes Floor Jansen as a permanent vocalist